Wednesday 21 December 2011

Surely Not All Everton Fans Are Stupid?

Everton are a club I always had a bit of a soft spot for as a kid. I remember being pleased when Wayne Clarke toe poked one in in the Merseyside Derby to end a long unbeaten run by the Reds, and any team with Big Nev in goal was OK with me. I have to confess that this is rapidly changing now, thanks to the moronic element amongst their support.

How many times have we got to hear them moaning about Bill Kenwright not selling the club? The man is a passionate Everton fan who wants the club to succeed, and so will not sell the club to any old fool with a few spare million. What is wrong with this? In the last 5 years my club has been owned by a member of the Russian Mafia, the only Sheikh with no money, a Hong Kong businessman who had never seen a football and now an Eastern European consortium who have no money. Selling the club does not always result in a better situation. Just ask Liverpool.. I know that I would love to have a chairman who cared for my club as much as Kenwright cares for Everton. Part of modern day football involves knowing your place. Everton's place is between 7th and 14th, which is where Kenwright has consistently allowed them to function. Throw in a decent cup run every now and again and that, I'm afraid, is the best that Everton can hope for.

Everyone seems to cite Chelsea and Manchester City as the model to follow, but they are just freak occurances. Clubs who happened to be in the right place when a stupidly rich person came along. Spurs have always had money, they are just well run now. United, Arsenal and Liverpool have been at the top for years. You can't just break into the top 6 anymore. Everton fans I plead with you to stop your moaning and accept your place. There are 85 clubs who would love to be Everton..........

Apparently now, according to some supporters, Moyes needs to move on as well to take the club to the next level. Don't even get me started on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment